Ali Raza Khan is a social entrepreneur, motivational speaker and trainer whose vision and passion is to promote “Youth as a solution” in the society. He is the founder of Youth Engagement Services (YES) Network Pakistan which has planted the seeds of youth engagement in the country. He is taking both direct and institutional change approach to foster a culture of youth-led development and social innovation. Ali has played a pioneer role in introducing and institutionalizing the concepts of youth service, service learning and youth social entrepreneurship in the country. Ali has reached out and empowered young people living in poverty, isolation, social exclusion, discrimination and helplessness. His organization has impacted the lives of several thousand young people.
Ali had the opportunity to study in the best institutions of the world such as University of Oxford, McGill University, Johns Hopkins University and the Government College Lahore.
He has designed and launched several exciting and award winning projects in the leading schools, universities and communities of Pakistan to transform children and young people from victims to leaders. His projects have helped children and young people to overcome social, economic, psychological and emotional problems which prevent them to live a life of their dreams.
- In 2004, Ali was given the title of ‘Sauvé Scholar’ by the Jeanne Sauvé Foundation in Canada.
- In 2005, Ali was given the title of ‘Architect of the Future’ by Waldzell Institute of Austria.
- In 2006, Ali was selected as an Ashoka Fellow.
- In 2009, Ali was selected as one of the top ten leading social entrepreneurs from Asia by Global Knowledge Partnership in Malaysia.
- In 2011, Ali was given Azma-Ali-Shan Award by the leading media companies of Pakistan.
- In 2011, Ali was selected as a Common Wealth Young Professional Fellow.
- In 2012, Ali was invited to speak at TED.
- In 2013, Ali is given the title of ‘New Leader for Tomorrow’ by the Crans Montana Forum in Switzerland.
- In 2014, Ali is selected as the ‘Chapter Leader’ for Ashoka the Global Innovators in Pakistan.
For the past one decade, Ali has served as an advisor, trainer, speaker and coach to several hundred public and private institutions of Pakistan. He has conducted over 500 training workshops for over 1,500 small and medium scale youth driven and youth serving organizations. He has traveled widely and participated in many international programs and activities. He has given talks and presentations at the leading international platforms and educational institutions of the world.
Ali has endeavored to bring business practices to nonprofit organizations and international development agencies, encouraging their sustainability through earned income, in more than 120 organizations nationwide for over a dozen years.
As a student, he was named Captain of Government College Lahore and best cricket player of the University of the Punjab. Ali speaks Urdu, English and Punjabi.
Ali is author of several articles, modules and a book entitled “Starting Business with Social Objectives.”